I have decided to start this blog while we wait to get the final OK from the court. I've been back in the US for about a week already.
We started our journey three years ago with IVF treatments which unfortunately did not work for us. We had 5 failed cycles, 1 D&C and 1 miscarriage. We did the whole nine yards with multiple eggs; standard transfer of 2-3 eggs with IVIG, Intralipds and CGI screening.
We also looked into adopting all those years ago but decided to forge ahead in late December'08. Since that time we went through a handful of prospective children (we are doing this privately). It was a good thing that we took the required adoption education courses to prepare ourselves for the disappointments and fortunate situations.
I bet you ask ... how you can failure be a fortunate situation?
Unlike going through an agency, where the situation is more controlled. Privately there are many circumstances that could occur such as:
- Biological Parents (BP) changing their mind about giving their child up for adoption
- BP looking for financial gain
- BP unreliable to show up to necessary proceedings
- BP too out of whack
We did not go far enough in the process to submit court documents for these children. Let me tell you, we now know why agencies charge so much - translation of documents, notarization of documents both in the US and in the prospective child's country. If we were to submit our documents to the court for these failed prospectives, we would have been down the drain for a couple thousand dollars.
Anyways, it is Friday - I gotta wrap up at work now. I will continue to fill in our story as our journey continues.
1 comment:
hi thanks for the visit, it turns out that you are right, She has broncitus...they have just given her broncal dilator stuff to help her breath a bit better as she has been coughing and coughing..not good.
I will see how she goes on them.
Glad your son is doing beter. I'm so please that you adopted from Taiwan there are just so many children here..i guess everywhere but i see them here growning up in orphanages and it just so sad.
hope to see photos soon! take care
Post a Comment