Friday, September 4, 2009

Frustrated at the Taiwan Courts

I just got word that our decree has so many errors.  These errors are not tiny typographic errors - these errors are like apples and oranges, which would have given us troubles and headaches at AIT.

I am so mad when people don't take the time to read and proofread their work.  It was required that we get our homestudy with a certified translation at TECO.  We gave the court both English and Chinese versions.  They should not have guessed what the English meant if there is a certified Chinese translation available to them.

Are there no supervisors overseeing the work product of these people?  It is a legal document - there should be no errors.  People just don't care about their work.  There needs to be supervision and quality control.

2 comments:

w8tn4 said...

I am so sorry. I hope things claer up quickly for you. We had some problems with preapproval at AIT afew weeks ago. We are staying in Taiwan an extra 2 days longer than required... just in case. I am stressed about it. But I am glad that I know ahead of time.

Jami

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm sorry to read this; we too had an AIT hassle about a month before leaving for our baby boy, and thankfully it was resolved before hand. Along the way there were also issues from other government agencies and I agree that there should be some oversight and accountibility.

Congratulations on your First Ruling....this is exciting!
Lisa